Wales’s home-grown broadband provider takes to the road this summer, supporting a host of community events across south Wales
Tuesday, 19 July. Cardiff, Wales. Teams from across Wales’s home-grown broadband provider, Ogi, are preparing to take to the road this summer to support a range of community-led events across Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire, Monmouthshire and the Vale of Glamorgan.
Ogi on the Road will take place across communities already benefitting from the company’s multi-million-pound Gigabit-capable broadband rollout, and to some soon-to-be areas taking in some of the cultural and community highlights missed by so many over the last few years.
Building a new ultrafast network across south Wales, the broadband and voice service provider has already supported a range of community groups and events over the last 12 months – ranging from a community garden in Llantwit Major to stadium sponsorship in Haverfordwest. Now, as events return to calendars, Ogi are venturing out to support some of the communities’ favourite events across south Wales.
Starting with Milford Haven Carnival, Ogi will also pop up at Gŵyl Canol Dre in Carmarthen, the Vale of Glamorgan’s Glastonbarry festival weekend and will play host to a friendly football match between its sponsored football teams Haverfordwest AFC and Portskewett & Sudbrook FC among county shows and other hyperlocal events.
Preparing to go on the road, Head of Brand and Engagement, Sarah Vining, said: “Communities are at the heart of all we do here at Ogi. After two years of remote working this is a real opportunity to bring people back together and be part of these fantastic events that are returning to our local shared spaces.
“Each event will be different, but you can expect everything from scientific fun with our partners at Science Made Simple, to giveaways and next-generation tech demos. We literally can’t wait to get on the road.”
Community teams will also be on hand at local events, sharing some of the work they’ve been doing to support local grassroots clubs and activities through our dedicated community fund ‘Cefnogi’.
You can find Ogi on the Road at:
- Milford Haven Carnival, Pembrokeshire / 02 July
- Gŵyl Canol Dre, Carmarthen / 09 July
- Ice Cream in Llanvaches, Llanvaches / 18 July
- Royal Welsh Show, Llanelwedd / 19 July
- Haverfordwest AFC v Portskewett & Sudbrook FC / 23 July
- Breaking out of the Gallery, Haverfordwest / 01-31 August
- Around town with Science Made Simple, Carmarthen / 06 August
- Carmarthen Quins Registration Day, Carmarthen / 07 August
- Vale Show, Vale of Glamorgan / 10 August
- County Show, Pembrokeshire / 17-18 August
- Abergavenny Food Festival, Monmouthshire / 17-18 August